Why choose Zasso’s electric weeding?
Electric weeding: disruptive mode of action.
Today, the mainstream systemic solution is chemical: glyphosate and other herbicides. Treating weeds and invasive plants with chemical products has become a significant issue because of biological resistance, regulatory constraints, and societal pressure.
“Electric weeding represents offers a revolutionary new way to control weeds and a powerful alternative to current weed control solutions.”
To overcome herbicide pollution, it is desirable to inactivate unwanted weeds by other means than poisonous substances.
Most alternative non-chemical weed control solutions are mechanical and thermal. They do not reach the reproductive biomass of the weeds which is located at the root level. These methods are therefore inefficient and costly.
This particular problem of herbicide pollution can be solved by an electrical weeding inactivation device comprising two electrodes, whereby at least one electrode is directed to the weed.
Electric weeding represents a clear disruption in the weeding market, a change of paradigm that is not only innovative but extremely efficient and economically viable.
Electric weeding’s mode of action is best compared with that of post-emergent systemic herbicides such as glyphosate, but with the added advantage of non-resistance, no drifting, no lixiviation, and no environmental or social costs. It works right into the roots like glyphosate, but immediately and residue-free
“The leading specialist in non-chemical weed management solutions using advanced power electronics.”
• Leadership in the electric weed control technology both in Europe and LATAM.
• Patented, systemic technology targeting both the shoots and the even more critical roots of undesired plants systemically by employing advanced lightweight high-voltage methods.
• Flexible, interchangeable applicators allow the system to be used in a range of surfaces and segments including:
Agriculture: burn-down and area weeding, intercept (vineyards, orchards), inter-row;
Urban areas: control on gutters, sidewalks, pathways;
Consumer market: handheld system;
• Solution commercialized under the name of Electroherb™ and XPower by AgXtend.
• The most advanced regulation of the power being discharged to the plants, so that it remains stable and continuous independent of the impedance of the soil.
• Proven results validated by renewed commercial contracts and independent research institutes.
• The most sophisticated technologies to ensure full operational safety as well as compliance to strict Machine and EMC guidelines.