Zasso is an innovative Swiss-based company specialized in non-chemical weed management solutions using advanced power electronics.
Originally developed in Brazil, the patented technology targets both the shoots and the even more critical roots of undesired plants systemically by employing advanced lightweight high-voltage methods.
The solution is commercialized under the names of ElectroherbTM or XPOWERTM. Its flexible, interchangeable applicators allow the system to be used in a range of surfaces and segments including agriculture, consumer market, and urban areas.
In the context of dwindling number of available methods for environmentally friendly plant control. Zasso’s mission is to develop the necessary control and power modules that will help make the world herbicide-free, for a better future.
With offices in Zug (Switzerland), (EUA), Indaiatuba (Brazil), Aachen (Germany) and Paris (France), Zasso strives to demonstrate leadership in the electric weed control technology in all the markets it serves.
Sergio de Andrade Coutinho Filho
- Founder and Co-CEO of Zasso Group AG, Founder and CEO of Zasso Brasil
- Brazilian national
- 10+ year managing experience
- Launched successful tech companies in different markets
- Knowledge and know-how in Agritech
- Winner of national and international business and innovation prizes
- Co-CEO of Zasso Group AG
- President of Zasso France
- French and US national
- 20+ years of leadership experience in sustainable development in Switzerland, the UK, the US and Latin America
- Consistent focus in the areas of green finance, natural resources and cleantech
- CFO Zasso Group AG
- German national
- 20+ years of experience in German and Brazilian Companies
- Focus in the area of strategic planning, finance, controlling and administration
- Managing Partner of Ergas Ventures
- Former chief executive officer and Chairman of five companies in the United States and Europe
- Deep knowledge and experience managing all aspects of international businesses, including acquisitions, cross-border transactions, productivity and performance initiatives
- MBA from Harvard University
- Regional General Counsel EuMEA / Leiter Recht EuMEA at Nufarm
- Former Senior Corporate Counsel at Merck KGaA
- 16+ years of experiences in the field of corporate law, corporate governance, M&A and In- and Out Licensing.
- Director at IDVESTO
- Former Global Head of R&D Alliance Management at Bayer CropScience
- 20+ years of hands-on experience in managing agriculture innovation for developed and emerging markets
Zasso Group: Green Technology Holland 2019
The German Zasso group along with their partners New Holland AGXTEND, took 2nd place in the XPower innovation award category at the Groentechniek Holland fair in the Netherlands. A fair for professionals in public green spaces worldwide known.
Zasso GmbH: SIMA Innovation Awards 2019
The SIMA Innovation Awards reward the most innovative equipment, products, techniques and services presented by exhibitors at the exhibition. The winners were unveiled during the SIMA Preview held in Paris on November 22, 2018. Our bronze recognition serves as a testament of our work towards advancing agricultural equipment with user concerns and environmental safety at mind.
Zasso Brazil: Super Accelera Fiesp 2017
The Super Accelera Fiesp was created to facilitate the internationalization and exchange of experiences of foreign startups with Silicon Valley. Sergio de Andrade Coutinho Filho, from Zasso, was one of the honourable members of the delegation sent to Silicon Valley. Our revolutionary electrical weeding technology and vision for the future of agribusiness was very well received.
Zasso Brazil: Solvi Innovation Award 2015
In 2015, Sayyou was awarded the Solvi Innovation Award in the operational category by Eletroherb. The award, received in partnership with Inova, celebrated our technology as a sustainable and economically viable solution for controlling weeds and invasive plants. The award is yet another recognition of the robustness, efficiency and viability of Eletroherb as a disruptive weeding solution.
Zasso Brazil: Speed Up Startup Fiesp 2013
In September 2013, Sayyou won the Acelera Startup Fiesp Award. The initiative had 300 projects selected by the members of the Young Entrepreneurs Committee (CJE) of the Federation of Industries of the State of São Paulo (Fiesp). Of these, the top ten had the chance to sell their business to an investor bank via the elevator pitch, that is, quickly.
Zasso Brazil: Latin Mootcorp 2010
The Sayyou team was the winner of the Brazilian final of Latin Moot Corp 2010, an international Business Plans competition that brings together students from postgraduate courses from leading business schools. The dispute was held on March 13, 2010, at FGV (Getúlio Vargas Foundation). In addition to Sayyou, the final teams were W.I.F.L.I, from the University of Otago, New Zealand, REDU, from UFPE (Federal University of Pernambuco), and Logistics Terminal, IEA, Argentina.
Sayyou presented at the event the Eletroherb project, which eliminates weeds using high power electric shocks.
“We have created an environmentally and socially sound machine in the sense that prevents a number of health hazards, but more than that, it is a cheaper alternative to using the herbicide,” said Sérgio Coutinho, CEO of the company.