Zasso’s Electroherb™ is a non-selective, systemic solution ideal for non-chemical crop protection in Agricultural fields. Its early integration in agricultural practices can make this unique and innovative technique a sufficient substitute when chemical herbicides begin to lose approvals.
The non-invasive Electroherb™ presents a significant contribution to preserving and promoting soil-conserving agricultural practices as legislation concerning chemical solutions become more stringent.
- It does not leave any toxic residues in the soil, unlike chemical treatments
- In contrast to mechanical weeding, there is no soil movement: erosion risks and disturbance of the soil structure are both avoided, and dormant seeds are not stimulated
- In contract to thermal weeding, the targeted energy directly affects the roots without unnecessarily heating up and damaging the surrounding ground and the environment on a large scale
Electroherb™ can be applied in all year and in all crops. Favourable working conditions include:
- Electrically conductive wet plant
- Dry soil allowing the current to stay longer in the root of the plant
- Sun and heat after application to facilitate drying
Zasso has developed mechanical systems for Total Area application as well as inter-row and inter-cep applications. Depending on the type of weed (high leafy plants, low or high grasses) and the substrate below (soil or hard underground), the applicators will have a different design to guarantee optimal energy transfer.
The preservation of soil life is one of Zasso’s priorities. Electroherb technology respects the soil fauna and does not stimulate the germination of new seeds.
Orchards - Inter-cep weeding
In some crop systems such as orchards, it is essential to maintain a weed-free space.
Weeds represent a great challenge in forestry because of their increasing biological resistance. Zasso offers an alternative weed control solution that is favourable to the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).