XP300 uses high-electric power and electrophysical engineering to minimize chemical herbicides and eliminate undesirable plants effectively by electronic weeding. Next to chemistry only XPower works systematically down to the roots. The electric power is directed through the roots into the soil. Therefore, the roots of any plants that come into direct contact with the applicator system are damaged.
• XP300 is part of CNHi’s AGXTEND™ offering. Target segments: potatoes desiccation and cover destruction.
• AGXTEND™ is the leading platform for innovative technologies in the agricultural sector. It focused exclusively on aftermarket precision farming technology solutions.
XP300’s SIMA Awards 2019
The SIMA Innovation Awards rewards the most innovative equipment, products, techniques and services presented by exhibitors at the exhibition. The winners were unveiled during the SIMA Preview held in Paris on November 22, 2018. Our bronze recognition serves as a testament of our work towards advancing agricultural equipment with user concerns and environmental safety at mind.
XPS - Weeding Platform for Vineyards
The XPS solution is adapted to address the specific weeding needs of wine and fruits growers: compactness and ease of use.
The XPS is part of AGXTEND’s XPOWER™ family of electric weeding solutions.
The design process of the XPS is based on computer-generated simulations, validated using modern sensor technologies.
The mechanical solution consists of two static electrodes and one electrode swinging on two passive rotary axes. All parts are fixed on an isolating base structure constructed from fiberglass. The kinetics of the intercept arm were of particular focus, to optimize the weeding area while respecting stem integrity.
Advantages versus chemical weeding
- Fast and durable action.
- Does not lose its effectiveness in case of rain after XPS application.
- Operator not placed into contact with toxic substances.
- Neither soil, water nor insects are affected.
- Applications not subject to legal restrictions such as proximity to water.
Advantages versus non-chemical alternatives
- Targeted and systemic action to the root: other non-chemical methods generally do not reach the reproductive biomass underground.
- Prevention of erosion risks.
- No stimulation of the weed seed stock.
- Respectful of soil integrity (no damage, heating).
- Optimized kinematics of intercep applicator.