The Zasso’s Brazilian team has been gaining new business and this time with one of the largest retail companies, Leroy Merlin. Known for its chain of stores specializing in building materials, finishing, gardening and DIY, Leroy is considered a multi-home expert! With 44 stores present in major states and cities throughout Brazil, there are more than 100,000 items available to various departments. And as of October 2019, Zasso IZI – Manual Electric Weeding, will be available for purchase in 41 Leroy stores nationwide.
Back to the Roots – We last communicated shortly before our Zasso Field Day held early June, in Aachen, Germany.
Since then, the transition towards non-chemical weeding has been accelerating on all fronts : regulatory, consumer demand and biological resistance.
Zasso has focused these last three months on the strengthening of its electric weeding platform across geographies and end markets.
Key highlights :
- Zasso transitioning from a regional development phase to a commercial global strategy
- Acceleration of its asset light model, focusing on being the “leading provider of power / control tools to make the world herbicide-free”
- Implement a global single hardware, software and electronics solution by leveraging synergies between Europe and South American operations
- Managerial realignment that will strengthen cross fertilization between Europe and Brazil and better align world operations with the Board’s strategic guidance: Mr. Sergio Coutinho (Zasso founder) and Mr. Benjamin Ergas, both shareholders, taking the co-CEO roles
- Sergio, leveraging 10+ years of management experience in tech and ag-tech companies : responsible for R&D, Product Development, Project Management and Manufacturing ;
- Benjamin, leveraging 20+ years in finance and sustainable development in Switzerland, the UK, the US and Latin America : responsible for Finance, Administration, Sales, Service, Law and external Relationship).
- Termination of Mr. Dirk Vandenhirtz’ service agreement with Zasso
- Bringing to Europe the most advanced, patented electronics control/power modules
On this basis, we have also strengthened our online presence, which we invite you to consult:
New corporate website www.zasso.com
New, more structured and content-rich Youtube channel
Visit our LinkedIn channel
Thank you for your support,
The Zasso Team.
The Dutch team of the Zasso group, along with their New Holland AGXTEND partners, took 2nd place in the innovation category and won an award with the XPower project at the Groentechniek Holland fair in the Netherlands. A trade show that took place in September 2019, for professionals in world-renowned public green spaces.
- Case and Zasso receive a “SIMA Innovation Award – Bronze Medal” at the SIMA show in Paris.
- Launch of XPower, as part of CNHi’s AGXTEND platform, for non-selective selection applications such as field preparation and potato top drying.
- Partnership with CERTIS in the railway sector.
The third edition of the Zasso Day in Aachen: 400 visitors.
- IZI, a portable electric weeding tool for the individual user, is launched on the Brazilian market.